Thursday, December 09, 2004

Here I am, now what?

Never have had a blog before, but I do love to write so this should be fun.

Anyway, let's get the preliminaries out of the way:

I am 53 y.o. (will be 54 on Christmas Day), male and live in the Deep South. I am a physician and have been "practicing" (always thought that was an interesting way to say that - doesn't everyone want a doctor who is through practicing?) medicine for the past 25 years. I am in private solo practice (which implies that I really can be difficult to work with, I suppose) and single. Enough of that junk.

Anyway, I hope to make this a regular "Dear Diary" sort of activity. Since I am quite sure no one I actually know will ever find this online (no, I do not plan to share the web address on my business cards so I can be completely, totally honest), I hope to make it therapeutic and a bit of a catharsis as well. If anyone does actually find their way here, so much the better.

I will end this monumental, if terribly boring, first entry. Soon, I hope to explain to myself why health care in this country sucks, why guns don't kill people - people kill people, and why our country has become a society of fear mongers and pessimists.

Have a great day and Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home